Wednesday 25 September 2013

Tau Battlesuit Support Systems: Can you name them

Tau Empire XV88 Broadside Battlesuit


I have just purchased a new Broadside Battlesuit, and upon starting the build came across a little problem that I am hoping to get a little help with. As most gamers know, Tau Battlesuits come with a varying amount of support / Signature systems that can be taken as upgrades. The kit above comes with said upgrades on the sprue, (awesome) but does not tell you which ones are which (Not so awesome).

Below is a picture of the support / Signature systems that come on the sprue and I would love for someone out there to tell me what number corresponds to which item in the Tau Codex, so I can represent the correct item on the model.


Battlesuit Support Systems

The items in question are as follows:

Support Systems
  • Advanced Targeting System
  • Counter Defence System
  • Early Warning Override
  • Positional Relay
  • Target Lock
  • Vectored Retro-thrusters (I don't think this is shown as the are normally on the legs)
  • Drone Controller
  • Stimulant Injector (Not sure if this is here)
  • Velocity Tracker
  • Shield Generator (Shown as different wargear with normal Battlesuits, round disc thing)
  • Multi Tracker (is it represented on the model now)
  • Blacksun Filter (is it represented on the model now)
Signature Systems
  • Neuroweb System Jammer
  • Onager Gauntlet (doubt this is here as it seems to be a fist)
  • Failsafe Detonator
  • Repulsor Impact Field
  • Command and Control Node
  • Puretide Engram Neurochip (doubt this is here also)
  • Multi-Spectrum Sensor Suite
  • XV8-02 Crisis 'Iridium' Battlesuit (This has another model entirly)
So the is the list of possible item the could represent, and I would like help to match the numbers to the piece of wargear.

I think that 74 would be the multi tracker as that is what I have used it as, before the new Codex came out. The rest is a myth.

Feel free to comment and tell me what the hell they are, Debates are welcome in this post as we should all have an opinion!

I look forward to you all helping.

~ In Strength we trust ~

4 comments:

  1. lets see, besides the 74 that I also use as the Multitracker, and as I dont have the new broadside kits, I will need to refer to the riptide sheet as reference, the common components are the upper part ones, so 62 would be velocity tracker, 84 I think would be Advance Targeting system, somwhere I dont recall were I saw that 64 would be the gravity wave proyector, that would leave 63 for EWO. as for the drone controler I dont think it is modeled on that sprue. as the Stimulant injector, for me 83 looks more like the positional relay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice perspective on the items, are there different bits in the Riptide kit? I don't know about you, but I am not to keen on the radar dish looking bits.

      Thanks for your help.

      Delete
  2. I took the liberty of emailing GW direct, and this is the reply I got.

    "The good news is that you can use any piece to represent any system. :) In the past there were specific pieces for each support system, but it was so confusing trying to figure out what was what that most people just put on their favourite looking one. That's what the designers wanted to do with the new miniatures too, so if you have a favourite piece then just use that and note down what support system it is on your army roster. Personally I try to use the same piece as the same support system on each model to make it easier for my opponents but really it's totally up to you. :)"

    I am quite happy with that, it means I don';t have to worry, but it would be great to find out what the designer had in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the radar thing, but is not for everyone tastes, I do like the idea of having the freedom to choose, but it would make a dificult case as not everyone would assign the same system to the same piece

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment (spam and trolling will be deleted.