Thursday 9 May 2013

Grey Knight Razorback II

 Grey Knight Razorback II


Here is one of my Grey Knight Dedicated Transports. It comes in very cheap for what you get points wise and fills a gap missing in a Grey Knight army of heavy weapon firepower. I won't rattle on about it's profile and stuff. I chose to include it in my army for the above reason and it also gets my Strike Squad into position a lot quicker without deep striking in. Anyway, more photos below.


I have to be honest with you on this. I absolutely hated painting this vehicle. If it was not for the fact that I had already started, I may have even asked my brother to paint in for me. The end result has turned out ok, but I am far from pleased. I think it boils down to one thing. I don't like painting Grey Knight vehicles. I have another one to finish off that will be similar to this one but with different markings on it.


Anyway, I hope that it might be enjoyed by someone out there.




I went for a two tone colour scheme because it injects the lack of colour needed to make it stand out. Pretty basic really.



The rear ramp does open and close and the interior has had some attention. I may revisit it at a later date and fully detail the inside, but nobody looks inside anyway.







I did attached the searchlight to the other side of the radar thing, and the other hatch has also been completed. This gives me the option to kit it out with optional extras or not as I see fit. I do intend to paint the Rhino Hatches so it can be turned into a Rhino if points are limited in games.

That's it for now, hope you liked it and keep rolling sixes!

PPS - 19

~ All souls call out for salvation ~

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! Painting vehicles can be rather frustrating (and here I'm about to start assembly-lining IG vehicles), but at least the GK give you a very eye-catching scheme when it's done. I can't look at a GK anything without quickly turning into staring. And this tank looks pretty damned good already, soooo...
    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I really didn't enjoy painting this, but I will be re-visiting it shortly as I have an event I am going to use it in and due to some great feedback, I will endeavour to give it a little more love.

      Thanks for the comment.

      Delete

Feel free to comment (spam and trolling will be deleted.