Sunday 26 May 2013

Universal Vehicle Damage Markers

Universal Vehicle Damage Markers

With the 6th Edition Resin dice slowly becoming unavailable from Games Workshop and the fact that I personally don't like those dice anyway, I decided to make my own Vehicle Markers. For a long time all I ever used was spare dice, but I still had to keep looking at the rule book to see what the number represented and they got mixed up a few times. I also got hold of some different markers that other people created and used them for a while, but I wanted to create my own, so I did.

At the end of this post you will find a link to download these markers as PDF's along with some simple instructions to get a really effective end product.

Below are some pictures of the Marker Sheets, you could print these off if you really wanted to, but they are at the correct scale and of a higher quality in the PDF's linked below

Universal Vehicle Damage & Hull Point Markers

This Marker set comprises of the following:
  • Crew Shaken
  • Crew Stunned
  • Weapon Destroyed
  • Immobilised
  • Wrecked
  • Hull Point Counters (1 - 4)
  • Smoke
These represent the basic markers needed for most vehicles in Warhammer 40k, including a smoke marker. For a wrecked vehicle, most people dismantle or turn the vehicle upside down, but the Wrecked marker is handy for those who have put a lot of love into the painting and don't want it scratched.

I have not included the Exploded result as I intend to make some specific crater markers for those, which I will share for free when completed


Universal Vehicle Speed & Flyer Markers

This Marker set comprises of the following:
  • Zoom Mode
  • Hover Mode
  • Flat Out
  • Cruising Speed
  • Combat Speed
  • Locked Velocity
  • Hull Point / Missile Counters (1 - 4)
  • Evade
These markers cover ground vehicle and flyers speeds, it also included a Missile marker that you can use the Hull Point counters placed on the targeting reticles, to keep track of how many missile / rockets you have launched. It also has the much needed Evade marker, essential for keeping track of what you're or you're opponents flyer is doing.

The great thing about the Hull Point markers is that you can also use them as wound counters. it also saves getting you dice mixed up on the board.


Below are some photos of the marker in use, so you can get an idea of the scale.





The two PDF downloads can be found below:

'Universal Vehicle Damage & Hull Point Markers




How to make them
  1. Print them out using colour ink.
  2. Glue them onto 2mm thick / mounting card (can be found at you're local craft store).
  3. Cut them out with a sharp knife (WARNING, be careful knives are sharp).
  4. for the best result cut out another a glue them to the reverse side.

Hope you enjoy and make use of them as much as I have, all I ask is for you to point other people to the blog to get hold of their own.

Here is a link to the previous markers I used before creating my own 'Confessions of a 40k addict' I guess my inspiration came from here.


~ Only in Death will you find Peace ~


9 comments:

  1. Those are some awesome looking markers. They're much more readable than the ones you were previously using too.

    I'll have to give these a try. And I'll re-blog a link to them in my next post for what that's worth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I did try to make them as clear and readable as possible. Let me know how you gt on with them and thank you in advance for the re-post.

      Delete
    2. Orzhova's right they're much more readable, as an Information Designer I'm not sure why I elected for style over substance but I'm glad you've come up with alternatives, I really like them. Nice to see the spirit of the 'hobby' is being spread far and wide.

      All it takes is for people like yourself to share their efforts and inspire others and who knows what we'll get back in return. It's not all about big bucks and how much plastic we can buy it's about the little things we make and build and pass on with our experience. Thanks for adding to the community.

      Delete
  2. Cut them out with a sharp knife (WARNING, be careful knives are sharp). LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I thought I would cover my back... But yeah quite amusing lol.

      Delete
  3. Hi Dale,

    These are awesome bud and will come in handy for Worcester War, I've told the other code players about these and will share this post with all the players for WW13.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Doc, thanks for the comment and the shout out. I will be bringing them to WW13 so people can take a look. They don't take long to make and are a really useful tool. I plan on making some Apocalypse markers soon and I endevour to create some sort of vehicle explosion ones too. Thanks again.

      Delete
  4. Nice. I like these and will use a set myself. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, let me know how you get on with them! Enjoy.

      Delete

Feel free to comment (spam and trolling will be deleted.