Thursday 10 January 2013

2013 Wish List

Wish List 2013


So in my '2013 Resolutions' post, I included a Wish List, I thought I would elaborate on that list and combined with the Painting Points earned and Hobby Fund section in the side bar to the right, I would explain my reasons for the items on the list and will also update  and add to it as I go.

The List is very geared towards the Grey Knights at the moment, because I would like to get them to as near to completion as possible this year, plus with the possible arrival of a new Tau Codex, they can wait.

I would like to have some feedback on the items I want to purchase and if you have any reason why for example, I should not get a unit because it is rubbish or suggest a unit alternative then please leave a comment.

Anyway, for those that may be interested, or even want to buy me something, you will find the list below:


Wish List 2013
  • XV8 Battlesuit Commander. 'Take a Look£25 Need
    • My Tau commander is in need of an upgrade to fit in with the new Codex, and yes I want this model to be it. Purchased out of the Tau's armoury, this will be Shas'o Dal'yth Or'es Shi's, new bit of tech.
  • Chaos Daemon Prince. 'Take a Look' £25 Need
    • So I have come up with a nice little allies list involving Chaos Space Marine, this will be one of my HQ choices for it, Could do with it before the new year though.
  • Chaos Space Marine Heldrake. 'Take a Look' £45 Need
    • Same reason for the Daemon Prince, this will also come in very handy.
  • Tau Fire Warrior Team. 'Take a look£22 Need
    • I only have 1 Fire Warrior Team in my Tau Army, I need to get another to  effectively play 6th Edition games! More Troops needed.
  • XV88 Broadside Battlesuit. 'Take a Look£30 Need 
    • Such an awesome model, I need a second one for my Tau army!
  • Warhound Titan Mars Pattern Turbo Laser. 'Take a look£36 Need
    • In February 2012 I purchased a 'Mars Pattern Warhound Titan' and later in the year bought a 'Plasma Blastgun', but due to lack of funds I could not get the Turbo Laser, as I plan on finishing the Titan this year I intend to get it, just need the money.


  • Deathwatch Kill Team Conversion Kit. 'Take a Look£15.50 Desire
    • I really want these, at least one squads worth before they go out of stock. I plan to complete a Sternguard Squad of Deathwatch with every member from a different chapter.
  • Commander Culln of the Red Scorpions. 'Take a Look£16 Desire
    • As some may know, I have got a long term project being The Red Scorpions Chapter, before Forge World start getting rid of all their stock I want to get Lord High Commander Carab Culln, as he is the Chapter Master and I WANT HIM!
  • Two 5 man Grey Knight Interceptor Squads.'Take a look£20.50 each Desire
    • Interceptors are a Fast Attack choice for Grey Knights and I would like to have two 5 man squads to accompany the Nemesis Dreadknight's. Having used proxies for this, it works well and sends a shiver up my opponents spine seeing them jump across the board, very pricey points wise though!
  • Lord Kaldo Draigo. 'Take a Look£15 Desire
    • My current Grand Master 'Found Here' has run his course. My painting has got a lot better lately and I want to revamp him. I intend to convert the Kaldor model thus giving Valius a new suit of armour. I do plan on magnetising it so I can fully swap out all the weapons and also if I ever want to use Kaldor in a game he can be remade. Should be an awesome conversion and paint job and fun to do when I get it. The old model will hopefully be turned into Grand Master Mordrak maybe!
  • Magister Severin Loth Chief Librarian of the Red Scorpions with Honour Guard. 'Take a Look£38 Desire
    • Again before these go out of stock I want to get him, awesome figure need I say more.
  • Bastion Upgrade Pack. 'Take a look' £12.30 Desire
    • Last year I purchased an 'Imperial Bastion' from ebay really cheap. It was already glued together and was missing the extra bits that comes with the kit and a couple of Heavy Bolters plus the door, so by purchasing the Upgrade Pack I will have a fully functional Bastion.
  • Grey Knight Terminators. 'Take a look' £28 per box Desire
    • I want to convert a Terminator into Grand Master Vord Mordrak and Ghost Knights to go with him (Not going to be cheap) I need Mardrak plus 8 Ghost knight, 5 for his initial squad and 3 spare for if he gets all his rolls, take a look at 'Codex Grey Knights' for more information of his special rule.
    • The plus side of this is that I also want to make a Paladin Apothecary so I will have a spare model to do this.
  • Land Raider Crusader Pack. 'Take a look' £12.30 Desire
    • I already have a Landraider (not yet painted) and during the build I magnetised the side sponsons. By getting this kit and adding further magnets I will be able to swap between the standard landraider and a Redeemer. This will also lend it's self to the 'Landraider Terminus Ultra' for apocalypse games. I also have a highly risky tactic for the Redeemer along with the Librarian for my Grey knight army. Who can guess what that might be?
  • Space Marine Command Squad. 'Take a Look£20.50 Desire
    • This will accompany my Capitan into battle. enough said really.


  • Paladin Squad. 'Take a look£28 Wish for
    • In my own opinion, I find Paladins to be too costly to take in any armies under 2.5K, to this end I my original Paladin squad has been transformed back into normal Terminators. However, I would like to make up a command Squad of Paladins to support my Grand Master / Brother Captain for the fun of it and reading the Fluff would be quite fitting. This is something I would like to try even if it is a bit pants on the table top lol.
  • Imperial Guard Valkyrie. 'Take a Look£41 Wish for
    • This will be my Inquisitors air transport. Now I know officially Codex wise he cannot use a Valkyrie, but I like the idea that he is an Inquisitor and gets whatever he wants.
  • Valkyrie Transfer Sheet. 'Take a Look£12 Wish for
    • These will be used to adorn the Inquisitors Valkyrie. An awesome set of Transfers.
  • Imperial Guard Cadian Kasrkin Squad. 'Take a Look£25.50 Wish for
    • These guys will for the basis for my Inquisitorial Warband I think, with a couple of extras and some small conversions will fit the part quite well.
  • Grey Knight Librarian. 'Take a look£15 Wish for
    • Everyone keeps telling me they are great in 6th Edition and I have written a list that uses one, so its time to get it. And if I paint it the right way I will be able to use it in Grey Knight or Space marine army.


  • Space Marine Captain. 'Take a Look££ Need Purchased
    • I have a ten man Tactical Squad, so with the above Stormtalon and a Captain I will be able to use them as Allies if I want. The Chapter I am creating will be revealed soon, but I want it as a surprise to the lads and ladies at my local gaming club so it's classified for now!
  • Stormtalon Gunship. 'Take a Look£££ Need Purchased
    • I have wanted to start another army up for ages now and it is an army that really appeals to me, it is a Space Marine army and I figure what better model to kit start it off with.
  • Aegis Defence Line. 'Take a Look££ Need Purchased
    • Points wise will give me the anti flier support my armies need, plus combined with the Bastion Upgrade Pack will give me the Icarus Lascannon and Quad Gun to choose from to accompany both fortifications.
  • Forge World A4 Transfer Sheet. 'Take a Look££ Need Purchased
    • These are to go with the items at the bottom of the list and to finish off my recently painted Stormtalon. This also gives you a clue as to the Space marine Chapter I want to collect (And to Mark, no telling!!!)
  • Inquisitor. 'Take a look£ Need Purchased
    • I find myself fielding an Inquisitor along with my Grey Knights. Now I need to get a model to represent him, but I am not sure which one.
  • New Tau Codex. £££ Need Purchased
    • Don't need to elaborate. I was going to get some new Tau toys to go with it, but after better judgement  I have decided to read the new Codex before deciding on any new purchases.
  • Grey Knights Strike Cruiser. 'Take a Look' £ OUT OF PRODUCTION
    • To go with my Grey Knights and their Fluff I would like to get this and would also be included in a campaign I am working on.
  • Tau Custodian. 'Take a Look££ OUT OF PRODUCTION
    • I would like this as my flag ship to go with my Tau army and it can also be used to mark current deployment of the main force in a campaign I am working on.
  • Nemesis Dreadknight. 'Take a look£££ Need Commission Payment
    • I am quite often borrowing my brothers Nemesis Dreadknight for my Grey Knight lists so I need to get another for myself. So he can have his back.
  • 40k Expansion: Planetary Empires. 'Take a Look££££ Wish for Purchased
    • I want to start running a campaign with a difference and it will take some time to prepare but will involve two of these boxes.
  • Planetary Empire Hive City Tile. 'Take a Look£6 Need Purchased
    • To go with the campaign I am creating, I will need to get some more Hive City Tiles, not sure how many yet, I will just keep going until I get there.
  • XV88 Broadside Battlesuit. 'Take a Look£30 Need Purchased
    • Such an awesome model, really want one of these for my Tau army!
  • Tau XV104 Riptide. 'Take a Look' £50 Need Purchased
    • An extremely large battle suit / Monstrous creature. Gotta have it.

My aim is to only buy things using my painting points hobby fund, (Oh and real money when I have it) this should make me choose what I want more carefully!

~ In the darkest parts of the universe, you can still find Faith in the Emperor of Mankind ~

22 comments:

  1. Ok, I did start off with everything as "I need it" but after having another look I have split the Wish List into two categories. Need & Desire, hopefully this will help me get the things I want when I start emptying the Hobby Fund.

    Keep rolling sixes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. OK, yes this is defiantly on the Wish For list. I wish I could justify bumping it up a little.

      Delete
    2. I have had to drop this item as it is no longer in production :(

      Delete
  3. Grey Knights Strike Cruiser added for reasons stated and I have also reduced the Grey Knight Librarian down to Desire after re-reading the rule several times am my idea of using him greatly impaired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had to drop this item as it is no longer in production :(

      Delete
  4. Planetary Empires + Hive City Tile added. For a while I have been thinking about running a major campaign that anyone at my gaming club can get involved with. I will also need to get a few Hives and other bits, but by the end of the year should have the basics in place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I have managed to convince my brother to part with his set that I will be buying off of him, all I need now is some hive tiles. Here's looking at you Kurt lol

      Delete
  5. Inquisitor added. The problem I have is that I do not like any of the Inquisitor figures that Games Workshop have produced, so I intend to create my own conversion. Any suggestions would be most welcome however I would like to stick to the Citadel range as I may take it to events.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purchased - I have gone for one of the normal Inquisitors with bolt pistol and power sword. I toiled quite a bit over what figure I was going to get. I will do a little converting on him but he will pretty much stay the same. My ideal inquisitor will be put on hold until my green stuff skills have improved. Click on the link to see it Purchased - I have gone for one of the normal Inquisitors with bolt pistol and power sword. I toiled quite a bit over what figure I was going to get. I will do a little converting on him but he will pretty much stay the same. My ideal inquisitor will be put on hold until my green stuff skills have improved.

      Delete
  6. Valkyrie and Kasrkin Guard added - These will form the basis for my Inquisitors Warband, with a bit of converting and the appropriate paint scheme should prove to look quite good if i can pull it off.

    Something to put out to you all? How can I use a Valkyrie legally in my Grey Knight army without going overboard on Imperial Guard?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I would like these, they have been downgraded to 'Wish for'. I doubt it will be this year!

      Delete
  7. Space marine Command Squad added - They will be attached to my Space marine Captain and will most likely also have a Razorback for their transport, but I am still a little undecided on that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Forge World Valkyrie Transfer Sheet added

    ReplyDelete
  9. New tau added... Yes they are being released in April and I want them. Well, as much as I can afford. Also new 'Wish for' category has been added, I'm trying to prioritize what I wan't a little more. So much stuff I would like but not enough funds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Codex Pre Ordered. Will read the dex before getting models.

      Delete
  10. I have organised the wish list into sections to better keep on track. Must admit, I am finding it hard not to purchase things off of the list... Need a little more self control I think. All this new Tau is so tempting, but I do need to finish off the Grey Knights first.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deathwatch Kill Team Conversion Kit added. Want to get these before they go out of stock.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carab Culln and Severin Loth added to my wish list, getting worried these might disappear over time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. With changing times and lack of money, I have changed the Wish List again.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment (spam and trolling will be deleted.