Thursday 14 February 2013

Grey Knight Terminator Squad I

Grey Knight Terminator Squad I of the 4th Brotherhood

These battle brothers have had it rough. They were originally Paladins, but with different tactics now employed in 6th Edition, they have decided to go back to normal Terminators (That's if you can call Grey Knights normal). I have played around with lots of different equipment load outs for them and I have now finally rounded on my ideal unit.

The original paint job on these was not great at all and over the last couple of weeks I have done my best to re-paint them with a new technique and remove the Paladin Heads, but they are still not that brilliant. Some lessons are learnt the hard way. On the battle field they have also been a little hit and miss, lets hope this will change.

I started out with full on Nemesis Force Halberds, a Banner and a Psycannon. I quickly realised that this was not the way to go entering into 6th edition with the de-buff of power weapons, so I had to change. 


I swapped out the Halberd for a Nemesis Daemon Hammer on my Justicar, enabling him to be able to take on anything in the 40k universe. Now with him taking the Peril of the Warp tests first it could be bad business, but for some reason I love the thought of the Justicar charging headlong into battle twirling a hammer in his hands installing fear into everything. So it stays!



The standard bearer has pretty much stayed the same. When assembling the unit it did take into consideration that I might not always have the points to take the banner, so I have magnetised the right wrist to enable weapon changes. I am quite proud of the banner, it took a long time to paint but the finished result is nice. I do plan on creating my own 4th Brotherhood banner at some point.


With my ideal load out, he will be equipped with a Nemesis Force Sword and not the banner. I am quite proud of the banner, it took a long time to paint but the finished result is nice. I do plan on creating my own 4th Brotherhood banner at some point.


With my ideal load out, he will be equipped with a Nemesis Force Sword.

I plan to magnetise the arm of one model in every Terminator / Paladin unit I get, so they can all use the banner if necessary and also be able to swap weapons.



This Terminator has not changed, I really like the pose, I can imagine him shoulder barging the enemy, ramming the pole arm of the Halberd into the face of another before holding the end and doing a little pirouette in the midst of combat slaying all his foes.



The Psycannon on this one is magnetised so he can be equipped with any of the heavy weapons, even though I doubt I will use them, but done all the same just in case.



Posed as if blasting the enemies apart with mass reactive rounds from the Storm Bolter before swinging his sword around to slice the enemy in half. This Terminator is the second sword carrier of the unit.


Being an additional Troops choice, they are an extremely flexible unit and used correctly, can shift the battle into a more favourable way. But used slightly wrong can be devastating for the unit and game. After all, spending a lot of points to effectively waste the unit by playing them incorrectly can make any grow man cry, and I have done so on several occasions with this unit. Another lesson learnt the hard way!

Anyway, hope you all like them and keep on rolling sixes.

PPS - 16.5

~ Only upon the the damnation of Chaos is death an option ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment (spam and trolling will be deleted.